The National Conference of Insurance Guaranty Funds (NCIGF) is a non-profit, member-funded association that provides national assistance and support to the property and casualty guaranty funds located in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia. Incorporated in December 1989, the NCIGF monitors national insurance activities, coordinates information for multi-state insolvencies and provides legal, informational, administrative, communications and public policy and administrative support to our members. The NCIGF works in close cooperation with the property and casualty insurance trade associations to monitor and respond to issues that might impact state guaranty funds. The group serves as a trusted expert, informing trade and other organizations as they develop model legislation related to state guaranty fund laws.
Visit our Library to view our public statements or publications.
Strategy and Goals
- Operations and Insolvency Management. Manage property/casualty claims in a professional, timely, efficient and cost-effective manner. The NCIGF supports member guaranty funds in meeting their immediate and future obligations to policyholders.
- Public Policy Management. Strengthen service to policyholders and claimants through sound public policies that form the foundation of the property and casualty guaranty fund system. When necessary, seek renewal of the system’s statutory foundation to meet future challenges on behalf of policyholders and claimants.
- Outreach, Communications and Education. Educate and inform the public, industry, policymakers and other stakeholders about the property and casualty guaranty fund system to assist the state guaranty funds and the NCIGF in execution of their respective missions. Drive cooperation and consensus building among guaranty funds through member-focused communication and education.
Vision And Mission
- Vision. To be the definitive national leader on matters related to insolvency and its consequences to policyholders and claimants protected by the state-based property and casualty guaranty fund system.
- Mission. To bring the greatest possible value to the member state property and casualty guaranty funds and the state-based guaranty fund system in operational support, communications and public policy development.
- Policyholder Protection. The state guaranty funds exist to fulfill their statutory role to provide protection to policyholders and claimants of insolvent insurers.
- Public Policy Purpose and Fact-Based Strategies. Strategies are based on the public policy purpose of the state guaranty funds. Tactics will consist of thoughtful, deliberate and fact-based steps by members and NCIGF staff to address the critical business issues facing the NCIGF, its member guaranty funds and the policyholders they serve.
- Member Involvement. The guaranty fund system and the NCIGF can achieve their potential only with the active involvement of committed, engaged and informed members.
- Collaboration and Cooperation. NCIGF and members of the guaranty fund system will seek to work among its members, receivers, regulators, industry organizations and others to achieve common goals.
- Low Cost, Highly Effective Operations. Through the continuing development of high quality staffs and utilization of up-to-date technology, NCIGF and its member guaranty funds continually strive to provide cost-effective value to policyholders, claimants and other stakeholders.
NCIGF Staff Shared Values
- Respect. Accept no less than a non-judgmental environment of openness, fairness, courtesy and goodwill.
- Collaboration/Tolerance. Always put the team before self. Ask yourself how “I” can contribute to “we”. Utilize each other’s strengths to drive NCIGF’s goals and objectives. Seek feedback and consider alternate viewpoints in a spirit of openness and good faith.
- Continuous Improvement. Seek personal and professional improvement every day. Evaluate and improve existing processes and new ideas in the light of their efficiency, effectiveness and flexibility.
- Personal Accountability and Integrity. You are individually responsible for attitude, behaviors, drive, and integrity in achieving NCIGF’s goals and objectives. Earn your standing with members and colleagues every day.
- Attitude. Strive to approach each day and each task with Energy, Enthusiasm, Engagement and Focus.